Pet Peeves and That's Cool #1

As I get older, I am noticing that I place more and more things I see into one of 2 buckets; Pet Peeves and That’s Cool. I think it was Neil Pasricha and his list of awesome things that helped push towards this. His TED talk is another one worth watching. This is the first list of items in the 2 buckets.


My first Pet Peeve list:


  1. CTV cutting in on the signal during NFL games - I am a big NFL fan and it bothers me that CTV cuts into the games to show their commercials during the games; even when I am tuned into the American station. The best commercials are shown during the games in the US. Some of them are actually entertaining. Instead we get the same set of commercials over and over again. I know the CTV lineup because of NFL games and I don’t even watch the shows.
  2. People that don’t clean up after themselves - This is both in public and private. Walking through the grocery store and seeing someone knock something over, look at it and walk away. Rather than picking up the item, some people just walk on past. The other is the kitchens I have used at my workplaces. People leave the kitchens in terrible condition.
  3. News coverage in general - So many good things happen in the world but they are pushed to end of the news coverage after all the bad items. It would be refreshing to see a newscast start with a fun story.


I will follow Neil's lead and give my first list:


  1. Travel as a Canadian - I have spent time in several countries and have been treated well everywhere I have been. I enjoyed learning from them. I was treated with respect and people were open to teaching.
  2. Hitting the connection on my way home - It’s a small thing, but when public transit all lines up perfectly and I make it home quickly, it is great.
  3. Trying a new beer that is awesome - I enjoy trying different beers from all over the word. It is rare that I try something that I say I completely do not like. They are some, but most fall in the OK category (I would try it again). Every once in awhile I come across one that I really like. I mean really like; it becomes a new regular. That is fantastic.
  4. When kids make me laugh - All my kids have done things that have made me laugh. The most recent was at the plaza the other day. I was walking with my 7 year old. We were approaching a couple close to my age when the husband complained how cold it was. My daughter looked at me with a puzzled look on her face and blurted out that it wasn’t cold. The best part is she did this where they could see her and the wife started to laugh. I couldn’t hold it in; I broke out in laughter. It was awesome!!
  5. Sports this time of year - There are some entertaining sports in December and early January. The last couple of weeks in the NFL when the teams are fighting for the playoffs is a lot of fun. College football bowl games are great. I like seeing the small schools or traditionally non-football schools beat the favourites. I still say the best this time of year is the World Junior Hockey Championships. It is always great hockey with a surprise or 2.

More of these to come…

Comments

Popular Posts